Palazzo 1619 Burano Venice
This beautiful property is situated within a stunning 17th Century period building overlooking Canale della Giudecca in wonderful Burano, the “coloured island of lace”.
The “Palazzetto” is a treasured national monument and offers some of the best views of Burano, immortalised in countless postcards and by the Finacial Times in its “House and Home” property supplement back in 2008.
The apartment has been carefully restored and brought back to its original glory following the strict regulations issued by the Venice Commission for Architectural and Landscape Heritage.
The property, with a floor area of just over 2000 square feet, is built over three levels and benefits from an independent private access on the bank of Canale Guidecca.
The ground floor comprises a spacious kitchen overlooking the canal, embellished by some fantastic period features such as a 17th century fireplace and a stone butler sink along with a new beautiful cast-iron aga stove. Through a wonderful period door, you gain access to a bright and majestic living room featuring a Verona marble fireplace and two large mirrored windows overlooking the canal. On the same level there is also a utility room and a good-size bathroom with shower.
All floors, realised in “Venetian seminato style”, have been created Master Crovato, restorer of the mosaics in St Mark's cathedral. Through a short corridor you can gain access to a small Venetian courtyard with a beautiful antique stone fountain.
The first floor, accessed via a solid wooden staircase, comprises two spacious and bright bedrooms, each featuring two large windows overlooking the canal and the laguna. The first one has a kingsize bed, the second one has two good size twin beds which can be put togheter to form a kingsize bed. A second spacious bathroom with shower is also available on this level.
The top floor, the attic, is a beautiful cozy room with original roof from 1600 from where you can enjoy views of Venice while sipping your cup of coffee and reading a book.
The property benefits from first class finishings throughout, the heating and air conditioning systems can be easily activated via a control board even separately for each level.
The property is beautifully furnished with period ornate furniture.
The property is no-smoking and no pets are allowed.
The location of the “Palazzetto” is truly unique so much so that world-renowned designer Philippe Starck has recently purchased a couple of properties nearby.
Please note that the Palazzo's facade is in need of slight restoration works due to dampness issues typical of the Venice laguna. The owners have applied for the relevant permissions with the local municipality to proceed.
PLEASE NOTE this property is not equipped with cable or Satellite TV.
- Check in is between 3pm and 6pm, check out before 11 am. Please notify the owners and property manager of your exact arrival time (to the best of your knowledge) at least two days prior to the reservation as the manager does not live on the island. In the event of check-ins outside of the specified hours, additional cost may be required to book taxi boats due to lack of public transportation.
- The property manager will meet and greet guests and will also provide a basic concierge service giving any information the guests require.
- As per Italian law, all guests need to be notified to the local authorities therefore upon check-in all passports will be photocopied in line with what happens in hotels.
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and 2000 square feet
King and King
4 guests maximum
Venice Marco Polo Airport - VCE
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor Grill
Activities of Interest
- Hop into a Water Taxi on the Grand Canal to admire the luxurious buildings and palaces of Venice. A wonderfully romantic experience.
- Shop around in the quaint and historic boutiques on the Rialto bridge
- Visit Murano and Burano. These colourful islands are famous for their glass making, their lace work and of course their colourful buildings.
Places of Interest
- Take a romantic stroll on the beautiful calli (small streets) and bridges in this charming town visiting the numerous quaint shops and delicious restaurants.
- Make sure you go to Il Gatto Nero. A restaurant that deserves its reputation
- Isola San Francesco and the Laguna Nord.
- Torcello and Locanda Cipriani, Mazorbo, Museo dei Merletti.