Villa Santoro sits on a hillside with panoramic views over the olive groves and trulli dotted in the countryside, towards the hilltop towns of Cisternino and Locorotondo.
The construction combines the traditional vernacular trullo and masseria styles unique to Puglia, yet the restoration by a Milanese and Austrian architect/designer duo, Bricchi-Marksteiner, provides wonderful interior spaces which are open and airy with a minimal modernist feel while being equipped to provide the last word in luxury.
Surrounded by 2 acres of its own garden and filled with olive trees and fruit trees including pomegranate, fig, apricot, almond and pear, Villa Santoro provides a wonderfully bucolic setting for the remarkable and vast beach pool, every child’s and not so young person’s delight.
Overlooking the pool and leading directly off the kitchen are the external eating and kitchen area with a massive Trani marble dining table, this leading to the sofra or seating area, both with shade provided by large bamboo and vine covered pergolas.
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 1250 square feet
1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Queen, and 2 Twin Singles
8 guests maximum
Stunning views of the tranquil Apulian countryside scattered with olive trees all around
- 40 inch plus tv
- Air conditioning
- Covered parking
- Dvd player
- Multiple tvs
- Washer and dryer
- Wireless internet
Activities of Interest
- Don't miss the spectacular limestone caves of Castellana, containing an incredible range of underground landscapes, with extraordinary stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- There are 2 golf courses in the area: San Domenico Golf Course and Coccaro Golf Club close to the pretty fishing village of Savelletri, on the Adriatic coast.
- Don't miss the natural wonders of the sea caves at Castro and Santa Maria di Leuca.
Places of Interest
- The popular hill towns of Ostuni, Martina Franca, Cisternino & Ceglie Messapica are all within a short drive away and are full of wonderful restaurants, bars & shops including locally produced ceramics, baskets and jewellery.
- The “Florence of the South”, Lecce is just 1 hours drive offering stunning Baroque architecture.
- Beaches on the Adriatic coast (both sandy or rocky) are less than half an hour drive, whilst the stunning sandy Ionian coast is just a little further towards the south.
Luxury a Narrow Road to Heaven
Experiencing the Italian countryside in this villa is a treat! We quickly understood why many Italians have told us that Puglia is their favorite region. The villa is a wonderful vantage point to enjoy the many small towns from and John, our host, helped us with detailed information and recommendations for the area. The location is perfect, the villa is beautiful and John's communication, recommendations, restaurant suggestions and desire to make sure everything about our trip went well are all great examples of a wonderful Third Home stay. If you love Italy, Puglia is a must and Villa Santoro is where you should stay! Thank you John for your help and the wonderful memories we now have from a fantastic trip!”
Great stay in Trulli town
In the region that Villa Santoro is you will find many Trulli. If you are in the shape that Villa Santoro is. The owner and his wife were very friendly and outgoing. Consider this home if you are heading to the deep south of Italy.”
Peacefully located in the Valle di Istria, the heart of the Trulli houses, historic hilltop towns and glorious countryside, Villa Santoro is fabulous. The house is very comfortable with good facilities; the outside areas and pool a delight - a perfect base to relax and sightsee. The cooking facilities, both inside and outside, are excellent though we didn’t make too much use of them as the house is within a short driving distance of amazing restaurants. John and Rosanna were extremely informative, wonderful hosts and helped make our stay a memorable one. Can we come back please?”
Loved it all
Beautiful house in a lovely part of Italy. Stunning pool we managed to jump in and use a little even in mid October. Not a thing missing and in easy reach if the coast.”