San Antonio del Tequendama, Colombia
Right in the beating heart of Colombia, not too far from Bogota, you'll find Cundinamarca - a marvelous area full of history and shrouded in legends and myths. Muiscas were a native tribe who created the legends that explain the origins of the world. Located just outside Bogota in the village of Santandercito this charming four bedroom villa extends on two levels over 5900 square feet and it's entirely surrounded by 1.5 hectares of luscious gardens and gorgeous landscapes - right in the coffee region of the country.
The ample and spacious living room features a fireplace and it's the perfect place to unwind together with your family at the end of a long day. And in the summer time, the four additional outdoor dining areas (one of which includes a barbecue grill) will also be a great spot to enjoy a meal together and make merry memories.
Relax with a snack in the comfort of the large living room before making your way to the lush garden: here you'll find a large swimming pool as well as a hot tub. Iced tea and a book poolside or a glass of champagne in the Jacuzzi? You'll be spoilt for choice.
The four bedrooms can host up to eight people and the three bathrooms are decorated with a unique and individual style and color scheme.
The property comes serviced with a full-time cook, a gardener, and a driver.
This slice of heaven is truly the perfect place for you to relax and get a real feel of Colombia.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 5900 square feet
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
El Dorado International Airport (BOG)
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
Activities of Interest
- Zoologico Santacruz - A lovely little zoo which grown ups and children alike will definitely love.
- Hiking in Chicaque National Park - With miles of hiking trails, incredible ecotourism, and beautiful accommodation, Chicaque is ideal for anyone with an interest in nature and hiking.
- La Chorrera Waterfall hike - Escape the traffic of Bogotá and hike through lush Andean forests to visit two mighty cascades of water, El Chiflón and La Chorrera, Colombia’s tallest waterfall.
Places of Interest
- Taquendama Falls (15 minutes) - It is a truly magnificent view down the valley, standing at the very edge of a 160 metre cliff as countless thousands of litres of water shoot out over the abyss beside you every second.
- Lake Guatavita (3 hours) - Definitely a must see in Colombia: this is where the legend of El Dorado originated.
- Parque Natural Los Tunos (15 minutes) - In this stunning park near Bogota, the visitors can experience a direct and intimate contact with nature.
- Bogotá (2 hours) - Bogotá is Colombia's beating heart, an engaging and vibrant capital cradled by chilly Andean peaks and steeped in sophisticated urban cool.
- Zipaquira Salt Cathedral (3 hours) - This wonderful salt mine is in the town of Zipaquirá and it's buried deep in the hill of Zipa (the name of the most important indigenous chief), at 2,652 meters above sea level.