Oswestry, United Kingdom
The Church House
The Church House
The Church house is a charming newly converted Victorian church situated in a peaceful setting in the friendly town of Oswestry. One of Britain’s oldest settlements, dating back 3000 years ago.
For lovers of history, lively café culture, the town has growing reputation for its interesting mix of small, locally run shops that pride themselves on good old-fashioned service. Vibrant market days would not look too different if visited today by Oswestry’s most famous son, soldier and poet Wilfred Owen.
On the borders of Wales - only 5 minutes up the road, the town has also easy access to Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham, only one hour away. Also, Shrewsbury ( just voted in the top 10 "best place to live in the uk" ) and Chester, are only 30 minutes away.
The three-bedroom property retains many beautiful features with vaulted ceiling and rustic oak beams. The contemporary decor in the lounge offers a cosy place to sit and enjoy the spectacular country views, with custom made arched windows and open plan stunning kitchen. The home also features under-floor heating, stone bath, Egyptian Cotton Bedding. The property sits on a generous plot with pretty gardens.
Come and enjoy both English and Welsh heritage in this very special home. We live nearby so may even have you around for dinner!
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 2200 square feet
King, King, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
The Dining Rooms, Michael Caine's townhouse and park.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL), Manchester Airport (MAN), and Birmingham Airport (BHX)
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo
Activities of Interest
- British Ironwork Centre - The biggest display of decorative metalwork in the UK, featuring live work from the some of the best artists and blacksmiths in the country!
- Park Hall the Countryside Experience - Visit Park Hall Countryside Experience, the amazing National award winning farm park with lots of animal fun, action and adventure for the kids.
- Willow Gallery - Look through excellent wares and creations from local artists and craftsmen.
- RSPB Lake Vyrnwy - Take a hike through these serene and breathtaking woodlands.
- Springhill Farm Riding Stables - From a scenic ride to hours spent learning how to jump with the best of them, these expert instructors will give you the experience of a lifetime!
Places of Interest
- Cae Glas Park - This park is of outstanding beauty, with immediate access to the town centre, residential properties, and other local sites of tourism and heritage value.
- Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham are all a short drive away.
- Oswestry Castle - Explore the mysteries of this historic ruin.
- Sebastian's - From French cuisine to luxurious accommodation, your every need will be taken care of at Sebastian's!
- Townhouse Bar & Brasserie - Enjoy their famed Sunday lunch in a casual and modern setting.
A 3rdhome Gem!
It was a beautiful and marvelous place! The house is amazing!. The eclectic decor fits well with the contemporary design. Being newly renovated, everything inside is upscale quality. The location is ideal being only steps from the city center and parks. We loved Oswestry and became familiar with the church, market place and the pubs. Loved the church bells on Sunday morning. Rode the canal boats to the aqueduct, enjoyed Chirk castle. Chester, Liverpool and lots of little medieval villages. This english countryside is beautiful! We got to know Simon, the owner who was very accommodating and hospitable. Thank you for sharing your home with us!”