Set in a quiet secluded private location in the pristine mountain nature, Chalet Sofia is a truly unique property as it really has it all. From the cosy open fire to the outstanding relax area with sauna and outdoor hot tub, along with the excellent entertainment facilities for both adults and children alike make this spacious chalet a superb ski or summer mountain holiday for the entire family.
This spectacular new freestanding Chalet with its beautiful old wood exterior is traditionally Swiss but once inside the kitchen and bathrooms showcase ultra modern high quality design and function.
On entering the chalet there's a ski room to store your ski gear and a large boot room to hang up wet coats and a ski boot warmer.
The free standing Chalet has three floors with the top
floor dedicated to stylish open plan living. There'a a large french style wooden table that can comfortably seat up to 12, a state of the art fully-equipped kitchen and an area of cosy sofas in front of a large open stone fire place.
The home also benefits from double height ceilings, plenty of windows and is surrounded by balconies all facing the spectacular Jungfrau and the legendary north wall of the Eiger, which provide for magnificent views throughout the home.
The broad winding stair case that runs through the whole chalet leads onto the second floor where 4 spacious bedrooms are located.
The first main bedroom has a kingsize bed with double french doors opening onto a delightful sun terrace. Bedroom's 2, 3 and 4 all have 1 queen size bed and 3 singles configured in a bunk bed fashion, with 2 of the bedrooms opening out onto their own balconies with a lounge area.
On this same level there are 2 bathrooms with a separate w/c and shower.
The master bedroom is on the 3rd floor, has a king size bed and a working cosy fireplace with double doors opening onto your private terrace with comfy chairs to sit and relax in the sunshine. It also has its own en-suite bathroom with deluxe shower and w/c.
In addition, there's a family entertainment room which can be found on the second floor with comfy sofas and cinema with a surround sound system.
On the ground floor there is also a laundry room and the wellness spa which has a spacious Swedish sauna/steam room. Outside is a large covered Jacuzzi that overlooks the most famous views in the Swiss Alps; the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains.
The excellent location of this home means you're only 2 minutes walk to the Murren BLM train station with a 5 minute ride or walk to the ski-lifts.
The birthplace of alpine skiing and referred to by many as the most beautiful ski resort in the world, Murren is car free and can only be reached by cable car/train. The cable car that leaves from Lauterbrunnen is reached by car from International airports in Bern (1 hour) Zurich, Basel and Geneva in approximate (2 hours) or by train in just over 3 hours.
6 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 3767 square feet
1 King, 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Queen, 1 Queen, and 1 Twin Single
12 guests maximum
Zurich (ZRH) Geneva (GVA) Basel (BSL)
- 40 inch plus tv
- Chefs kitchen
- Dvd player
- Espresso machine
- High speed internet
- Hot tub
- Ipod dock
- Laundry service
- Satellite or cable
- Washer and dryer
- Wireless internet
Activities of Interest
- Snow skiing! - Connected to two other ski resorts in Berner Oberland, Wengen and Grindelwald, there is plenty of skiing to be done, with 44 lifts and 213km of piste with 98 different trails.
- Allmendhubel - Hike or take the funicular railway up to this beautiful mountaintop at 1907 metres, which has a restaurant, various trails to walk and a unique children's playground.
- Inferno Ski Run - Take part in the oldest and longest downhill ski race in the world, longer than the 2014 olympic ski run!
- Summer activities - In the summer time there are a number of activities to take part in from mountain biking, Tandem Paragliding as well as walk across a spectacular Via Ferrata.
Places of Interest
- Trümmelbach Falls - Visit these stunning glacier fed waterfalls with walking trails and different viewing platforms.
- Sphinx Observatory - Take a trip to one of the highest mountaintop observatories in the world, at 3,571m, providing for some magnificent views of the surrounding region.
- Village Sports Centre - Open all year round with a swimming pool, gym and Spa and in the winter an ice rink for skating, ice hockey and curling.