Santa Fe, New Mexico
Casa de San Juan
Casa de San Juan
“Though it may be but small, it is mighty.” Stretching 1,100 square feet in totality, this two bedroom, one bath miniature clay castle Guest House is as stunning as the Santa Fe sky is clear crystal blue.
Reminiscent of the Native-American/Spanish cultural influence, beautiful stucco red tiling details the entire property. This Southwestern hut exudes the feeling of an upscale experience from the 24/7 gated/guarded community and private home entrance to the masterful displays of gorgeous fine rugs and traditional Santa Fe art collection.
The master bedroom is surrounded and illuminated with natural light spewing from stunning gold-paned bay windows. A massive queen bed faces marvelous mountain views and a classic deco inspired, wood-burning fireplace. Located immediately next to your bedtime abode is a spacious master bathroom with peek-a-boo shower.
The second Queen bedroom is inspired by more of the Middle Eastern flair. Decadent Persian rugs are displayed as both wall décor and carpeting. The cloud-like comforter and mattress are begging you to topple into bed and cozy in for a movie night on the in-room flat screen.
The elegantly detailed living room features another state of the art flat screen television, ample sitting space via petite dining table, chairs and downy-soft couch and a second natural wood-burning fireplace. You'll surely want to whip up some hot chocolate in the fully furnished executive kitchen, featuring rustic Southwestern-inspired wooden cabinetry and a massive stainless steel dual refrigerator and freezer. Of course, you must end your day contemplating the grandeur and luxury of your life, gazing into the miraculous desert abyss on the private veranda furnished with chaise lounges.
Additionally, you'll want to detour into the guesthouse where you can still experience the bliss of a starry night gazing into the nine skylights that naturally illuminate the space. Don't forget to complete your relaxing Santa Fe stay in both the outdoor hot tub as well as the full size sauna!
Tranquil as the desert is still and breathtaking as the landscape of mountain terrain in the distance, this property is the epitome of a desert sanctuary. Located only five miles away from one of Santa Fe’s most popular plazas this community has been known to host multi-million dollar business gurus, actors, actresses and, hopefully, you! Book your stay today!
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and 1100 square feet
1 Queen and 1 Queen
4 guests maximum
Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF)
- Gated community
- Hot tub
Activities of Interest
- Puye Cliffs, Pecos National Historical Park, or Acoma Sky City - hike through historical landmarks such as any of these, said to leave magical impressions on any hiker who passes through.
- Santa Fe River Park Trail - Said to be the perfect way to get to know Santa Fe's personality. Either walk or bike capable.
- Ski Santa Fe - Well known for it's friendly, hipster vibe this ski Resort offers great skiing options as well as incredible views from the cafeteria and lunch hut.
- Dale Ball Trails - mentioned by locals as "one of the best things about Santa Fe" this trail stretches hundreds of miles unpaved with astounding mountain/desert views.
Places of Interest
- Santa Fe Opera - Held inside a magnificent piece of modern architecture, the Santa Fe Opera is known for its lavish productions of famous Operatic pieces.
- Meow Wolf Display venue - walk through an incredible immersive art experience by renowned Santa Fe art collective, Meow Wolf.
- Museum of International Folk Art - located at the summit of "Museum Hill", this museum holds the largest collection of folk art in the world.
- Loretto Chapel's "Helix to Heaven" - this chapel is not only known for it's astounding architecture, but also holds intimate concerts. Chamber concerts are a must with the acoustic capabilities of this sanctuary.
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum - Preserves, presents and advances the legacy of Ms. O'Keeffe, her work and Modernist art in general.
A perfect stay in Santa Fe
Steve and Lilas are the most gracious hosts! They have provided everything one could possibly imagine to make this stay comfortable and pleasant, from wine and hors d'oeuvres to daypacks and emergency frozen pizza! The guest house is charming with beautiful mountain views. The two wood burning fireplaces make things cosy. You have a sauna in the guest house and private use of the hot tub during your stay. There are two terraces, one with a breakfast table and chairs and a higher one with morning sun and amazing views. The beds are comfortable, but they are both Queen sized, not King as in the description. The home is inside the gated community adjacent to the Santa Fe Opera House, very convenient for day trips in the area. We would love to stay with Lilas and Steve again.”