Antica Posta Pontificia
Historic country house dating back to the 1800s located on a picturesque hill with casting views of the mountains, lakes, and valley on the ancient border between the Bourbon Kingdom and the Papal States. The villa is ideally located along the "Way of St. Francis" and "San Benedetto" offering excursions to the Franciscan sanctuaries and many villages of the province each showcasing historical, archaeological and landscape marvels.
Adjoining the property is a 136 acre farm with olive groves and orchards, pastures, oak woods, and herds of horses, cows and wild pigs.
True to form, this gorgeous 6,458 sq. ft home is host to 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. Each room is adjoined with a personal bathroom so everyone has enough space. Lined with cobblestone and wood, this property is rustically themed with historic detail. Enjoy nights in the living space curled up in the reading room or telling stories on the couches or enjoy moments spent under the stars on the inner courtyard's large porches. Of course don't forget to spend time in (and on) the rooftop outdoor pool.
Unique to this property is the tavern. A beautiful place to gather and eat or drink, or both.
The kitchen is spacious and offers all the essentials to enjoy a country Italian feast prepared as you like. Explore the neighboring towns, take a couple of cooking classes, come back home and put your lessons to the test!
The house comes fully equipped with bed linens and towels (one set per week); all utilities costs are included, as well as wood for the fire places and barbecue;
Additionally, a gardener will take care of the outdoor areas including the pool.
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, off the beaten tourist path, you must stay in this gorgeous Rieti farm home.
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, and 6458 square feet
1 King, 1 King, 2 Twin Singles, 2 Twin Singles, 1 King, 1 King, and 1 King
14 guests maximum
Expansive view of Rieti valley's lakes, mountains and winding rivers.
Rome–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)
- 40 inch plus tv
- Chefs kitchen
- Espresso machine
- High speed internet
- Hot tub
- Washer and dryer
- Wireless internet
Activities of Interest
- Drive to Rome - Rome is only about an hour drive from the city. Take a scenic drive through gorgeous mountain roads and end up in the most historic city in the world.
- Golf Club Rieti - Beautiful course embedded in the valley of a gorgeous mountain majesty background.
- Dolceroma Cooking class - More than a cooking class : A class that includes culture, tradition and a gourmet experience to awaken your sense sand brighten your horizons.
Places of Interest
- Rieti's Underground Ancient Ruins - Take yourself or opt for a guided tour of some of the area's most ancient underground viaducts.
- Greccio - Nearby ancient monastery nestled in town.
- Santuario Francescano del Presepe - Historic church and monastery. Gorgeous architecture and artifacts.