La Mirabelle is a spacious 5 bedroom villa with a private heated, fenced pool with separate hot tub.
It's about a 10-minute drive from 'Blue Flag' sandy beaches and just a couple of minute’s drive from the local village with bars/cafes/restaurants & weekly markets.
La Mirabelle is particularly suitable for extended families, multi-generational parties, milestone celebrations or groups of friends wishing to holiday together.
The villa has five bedrooms in the following configuration:
2 x double bedrooms
1 x twin bedroom
1 x triple bedroom
1 x quadruple bedroom
Both double bedrooms have en-suite Jacuzzi bathrooms and double patio doors leading out to the sunny patio and gardens.
The triple bedroom has one set of bunk beds and a full-size adult bed. The quad bedroom has two sets of bunk beds.
100% cotton bed linen, as well as bath and hand towels, are supplied.
There are two Jacuzzi bathrooms, one en-suite shower-room and 3 WC's.
Both double bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms which can also be accessed from the children's bedrooms (known as Jack & Jill bathrooms). Both bathrooms have Jacuzzi baths with over shower units.
A real highlight is the playroom. The kids will just love this special space. With half height ceilings, it certainly makes for a good 'den' for the kids. It is stuffed with toys, from train sets to building blocks, dolls house, dressing up clothes and shoes, to games and puzzles, plus much more. There are two large comfortable sofas and a TV which has UK TV access, plus a video & DVD player. It has a safety gate for the little ones, so a nice safe relaxing place just for the kids to enjoy!
The older kids will love the Wii console and the X-box 360 with Kinect with a great range of family interactive games supplied whilst the little ones will love the toys, games & dressing up clothes and be delighted to find so many games and toys for them to enjoy.
The small kids will enjoy the children's outdoor play area with swings, slide and sandpit (buckets and spades provided!)
The older kids will have hours of fun enjoying the outside table tennis table and swing ball equipment.
The south facing terrace is ideal for a relaxed family breakfast or for an evening BBQ get-together under the twinkling of the romantic lights. Cook wonderful meals on our Chimney style BBQ with a glass (or two!) of wine in your hand.
The huge dining table with seating for 12 adults is the perfect spot to hear all about the family's exciting day at the beach or nearby attractions.
Partially laid to lawn, mature plants, trees, shrubs and flowers, surround the garden - there is garden furniture with extra chairs for a lazy afternoons reading under the olive tree.
The heated & fenced private swimming pool measures 10m x 5m. The shallow end of the main pool has large steps, which are wider than normal - one is over 3ft wide, which makes it an ideal area for youngsters to play in. The shallow end is only 3ft 6in deep (shallower than normal), so young children can feel confident in the water. The deep end is just over 5ft deep.
Plenty of sunloungers and large parasols are provided around the pool area for shade. The swimming pool is fully enclosed and is protected by a lockable gate.
The pool area is surrounded by timber decking and a grassed area containing plenty of sun loungers.
A helpful comprehensive folder located in the sitting room lists local restaurants, both child-friendly and 'just for the grown-ups', top-ten activities to do with the kids, plus maps of the area, best beaches to visit, plus much more. Excellent for planning your days out and a great read over a glass of wine!
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 1620 square feet
Queen, Queen, Twin, Bunk, and Bunk
6 guests maximum
The garden and the pool
Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE) or La Rochelle – Île de Ré Airport (LRH)
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo
Activities of Interest
- With 200km of coastline in the Vendee, there is a plethora of different breaks and surfing conditions to suit both novice and experienced surfers for the ultimate thrill.
- Atlantic Wake Park – If you love snowboarding you are going to love it here...! The great 750 meters long lake ski lift allows you to practice up to 10 people simultaneously on either a wakeboard, wake shake, kneeboard & ski’s.
- Indian Forest Water Jumps - (5 mins away) Thrill seekers, of all ages, idea of paradise...! Check out this cool video and remember, book La Mirabelle and receive 10% discount off your entrance ticket to the park :)
Places of Interest
- Puy du Fou is a must visit! This is where time stands still - and will be an instant hit with children and adults alike. You'll see villages from different eras, gladiators still doing battle and Vikings launching attacks on fortified castles!
- The 'Loire a Velo' is 180km of sign-posted cycle paths where you can ride through stunning Loire countryside, passing though villages, vineyards, visit Chateaux and Abbeys.
- The Marais Poitevin, more commonly known as the 'Venise Verte' is an amazing landscape of man-made canals and waterways. Canoeing or kayaking through these waterways is the ideal way to experience the Vendée landscape.
Phenomenal home with everything in western France.
La Mirabelle facilitated a fabulous vacation. Donna provided all kinds of great recommendations and prepared an excellent welcome meal. The heated pool and jacuzzi were a great way to start and end most days (one day, we just stayed at the pool.) There are many activities nearby for all ages including incredible beaches. The weather was fantastic for us; however, the house is equipped with video games, DVDs and other toys to keep any age entertained if the weather becomes a little choppy. All of us who stayed highly recommend this property.”