The Palazzetto Giravolta
The Palazzetto Giravolta
Located in the historic center of the sunning city of Lecce, The Palazzetto Giravolta is surrounded by ancient baroque buildings, culture, gourmet dining, trendy bars, and more. Step back in time but still enjoy all of the modern amenities we have come to know on the maze of these quiet streets offering tranquility and entertainment in the Giravolte area.
Step inside this old-world building where you find a sun-filled living room with contemporary furnishings while the space remains true to its original state. Step out onto the balcony and overlook the square, neighboring buildings, and historic area.
Make your way into the brand new, modern kitchen with ample counter space and cabinetry to store everything you need for a home cooked Italian meal. The chic charcoal colored cabinets pop against the polished white countertops adding a new aged feel to the space. Once the meal is prepared, take everything to the dining table in the kitchen and enjoy the views from the windows and overlook this amazing neighborhood.
After a long day of exploring ancient buildings, ruins, museums, cafes, and more, retire to one of the four bedrooms, each bosting a plush king size bed. The master bedroom offer impeccable views and plenty of space to relax and unwind. Each bathroom is adorned in beautiful tiling, unique color pallets, and the newest appliances.
When staying home, enjoy the pool overlooking the area. From here, you will have the most authentic experience enjoying the old-world feel of the bricks while lounging under the Italian sun. Be a part of the area as you listen to those passing by as they explore the area for the first time.
Closely in the heart of the historic center, getting around the area is a breeze. Take a tour of the Roman Amphitheater, built in the second century and see the ruins still standing. Enjoy old cathedrals and castles in the area that truly add to the incredible architecture and breathtaking beauty of the area.
If you're looking for elegance, historic charm, and all the modern conveniences of home, The Palazzetto Giravolta is the ideal place to call home on your next Italian vacation!
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, and 2150 square feet
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Salento Airport (BDS)
- Air Conditioning
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo
Activities of Interest
- Piazza del Duomo: One of Italy’s most beautiful squares in the city and is home to some of the most ornately decorated Baroque buildings in Lecce.
- Piazza Sant’Oronzo: Enjoy shops and Cafés with outdoor terraces that surround the old town square and provide an ideal vantage point for observing the contrasting buildings.
- Faggiano Museum: This private museum is a must see. What started out as a repair to faulty plumbing in a private residence became a treasure trove of artifacts as archeologists uncovered 2,000 years of history.
- Acaya Golf Club (8 km) - This resort features an 18 hole golf course set amongst a hundred and twenty hectares of ancient olive trees and Mediterranean flora.
Places of Interest
- Roman Amphitheater: Built during the 2nd century, the theater is still partially buried, but you can easily make out the horseshoe-shaped arena, which in its time could hold at least 15,000 spectators.
- Lecce Cathedral: Originally built in 1144 and was rebuilt in the 17th century in the decorative baroque style that now characterizes the city.
- Castle of Charles V: Also known as the Castello di Lecce is Puglia's largest castle, and has been used as a prison, court, military barracks and now the headquarters of Lecce's cultural authorities.
- Lido Kalè Cora (12 km) - Discover the spectacular sandy beaches and turquoise sea as you take in the breathtaking view of the Salento coast.
You may also be interested in
Casciana Terme, Italy
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
The Palms at Playa Flamingo