Montego Bay, Jamaica
The newly renovated one level Coconut Cottage villa is an elegant five bedroom Caribbean vacation home that was historically a part of what was Lord Monson’s 500 acre Round Hill Estate. Originally a sugar plantation, it later produced pimento, allspice and coconuts. The beach side of the property was sold to Jamaican born entrepreneur and international business legend, John Pringle. In 1953, John Pringle developed 100 acres of the original Round Hill Estate, and opened the famous Round Hill Hotel & Villas Resort (roundhill.com). Coconut Cottage is located directly across from the entrance of Round Hill Resort. Since 1953 the Round Hill Resort has been an exclusive destination for the British Royal family, American presidents and prominent business leaders, artists, writers, musicians and actors. As Coconut Cottage Guests, you will enjoy complimentary beach membership at the resort.
In late 2019, the new owners fully renovated Coconut Cottage with a fresh look and modern amenities, while preserving the legacy of this charming and historic villa. From the moment you arrive, you will be warmly greeted and well cared for by the exceptional staff. Your own personal butler, chef, house keeper, laundress, security staff and gardener will cater to your every need. With such generous hospitality you will find it easy to kick off your shoes and completely relax in this private and secluded tropical haven.
The villa comprises of 5 bedrooms in total and offers the perfect stay for couples, families or groups. The terrace invites guests to enjoy the beauty of the tropical outdoors while relaxing in a hammock, playing table tennis, dining alfresco, or enjoying a cold drink poolside. Situated to take advantage of the warm ocean breezes, the villa and private heated pool looks out to an amazing panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea and Montego Bay - and - it has exceptional evening views of the stars and the beautiful lights of Montego Bay. You will have full and exclusive use of the villa, and we are sure you will fall in love with Coconut Cottage and Round Hill Resort!
COCONUT COTTAGE INCLUDES:
- 5 air conditioned bedrooms equipped with flat screen cable TV and ceiling fans.
- 5 en suite bathrooms all equipped with organic bathroom products, towels, bathrobes and hair dryers.
- Panoramic Sea View
- Heated Private Pool
- Complimentary Van & Driver for the duration of your stay (Guests are responsible for gas and tips) including - Airport Transfers to and from Montego Bay Airport.
- Full Staff - Professional Chef, Butler, Housekeeper, Laundress, Gardener, and Security staff to take care of your requests allowing you to completely relax and enjoy a perfect vacation.
- Complimentary beach membership to the exclusive Round Hill Resort with it's beautiful beach, pools, bars and restaurants plus numerous activities including tennis, gym, spa, watersports (e.g., snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding) and kids club (additional fees may be required on some Watersports and resort/spa activities). Round Hill Resort is just across the street from Coconut Cottage and according to Condé Nast travel magazine, the Round Hill Resort is considered to be one of the most exclusive destinations in the Caribbean; it is known as a playground of celebrities and World leaders.
- Indoor and outdoor dining options.
- Large Verandah with outstanding panoramic sea view.
- Championship golf courses close by.
- WiFi throughout the villa and outdoor areas.
- Portable Bluetooth speakers that can be used with your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- On site spa services available plus Spa Services at Round Hill Resort (Additional Fees apply for Spa Services).
- Tree Swing, Cornhole, Ping-Pong Table, Video Game Console, Basketball Hoop, Pool Floats & Toys, Hammocks, and Board games make the villa a favorite destination for kids.
- For families with children we can help connect you with a reputable nanny service
BEDROOM CONFIGURATION: All bedrooms are equipped with AC, Ceiling Fan, and Flat Screen TV.
BEDROOM 1 MASTER SUITE - Mahogany 4-poster king bed, this large bedroom opens directly onto the veranda with large bi-fold louvered doors offering spectacular views. Outdoor seating. En-suite Bathroom. 43” cable TV. USB Charging Station
BEDROOM 2 - Mahogany 4 poster queen bed with double doors to the garden and pool. En-suite Bathroom. Cable TV. USB charging station.
BEDROOM 3 - Mahogany 4 poster queen bed with double doors to the garden and pool. En-suite bathroom. Cable TV. USB Charging station.
COTTAGE - The Cottage has its own verandah with outdoor seating
BEDROOM 4 - 2 Queen four-poster beds. This bedroom looks out onto the garden and the sea beyond. En-suite Bathroom. 43” cable TV. USB Charging station.
BEDROOM 5 - King Bed, this spacious bedroom looks out to the pool and main house. En-suite Bathroom. 43” Cable TV. USB Charging Station
* Cottage bedrooms can be adjoining so ideal for families. Alternatively, both bedrooms can be completely private.
Accommodates: 10 Adults (max) and 2 children
We can also assist if you wish to further explore Jamaica with your driver who will act as your personal guide. Perhaps take a day trip to visit our wonderful Island which has so much to offer such as river rafting, fishing, snorkeling, sunset cruises, and amazing waterfalls - to name a few.
We're next door to Almond Hill and that villa can be rented out and combined to create a larger area for a family/group.
Please Note: Saturday is our preferred Arrival day, however, please do contact us if you require an alternative day and we will do our best to accommodate you.
High Season (19 Dec to 17 Apr) - 7 night min
Shoulder/Low Season (18 Apr to 20 Nov) - 5 night min
Thanksgiving Week - 7 night min
Shoulder/Low Season (28 Nov to 18 Dec) - 5 night min
Christmas & New Year Holiday Period - 7 night min
Recommended staff gratuity at the end of your stay is 10% of the villa rental in High Season and 15% in Low Season. A gratuity is also appropriate for your driver at the end of your stay.
Minimum Age of Primary Renter: 25
We do not encourage Fraternity/Sorority or College groups as the villa is primarily a place for families and mature adults.
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, and 3500 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, King, and 2x Queen
12 guests maximum
Montego Bay Sangster Intl. Airport
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
Activities of Interest
- Chukka Horseback Ride 'N' Swim (20 minute drive) - Experience a horseback ride in the ocean!
- Jamaica Zipline Adventure Tours (20 minute drive) - Swiftly fly over the jungle canopy with a zipline tour!
- Chukka Cove Jeep Safari (20 minute drive) - See the island by way of jeep for an exciting tour!
Places of Interest
- Round Hill Club (2 minutes) - Enjoy the fitness center, water sports, spa or many other amenities at this iconic resort.
- The Hip Strip (20 minute drive) - For nightlife lovers, the Hip Strip is the place to be, full of Montego Bay's most fun bars!
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary (20 minute drive) - Here, you can view and even feed rare and exotic birds.
- Smoked Marlin (8 minute drive) - This lovely beachfront eatery offers delicious Jamaican fare.
- Lobster Trapp (10 minute drive) - Try ridiculously fresh lobster, straight from trap to table!
- Rose Hall (45 minute drive) - Take a tour of one of Jamaica's most famous and mysterious estates.