Montego Bay, Jamaica
In the summer of 2020 the new owners fully renovated and redecorated this one level luxury villa. Coconut Cottage Villa is an elegant five bedroom Caribbean vacation home that was historically a part of what was Lord Monson’s 500 acre Round Hill Estate. Originally a sugar plantation, it later produced pimento, allspice and coconuts. The beach side of the property was sold to Jamaican born entrepreneur and international business leader, John Pringle. In 1953, John Pringle developed 100 acres of the original Round Hill Estate, and opened the famous Round Hill Hotel & Villas Resort (roundhill.com). The Coconut Cottage Villa is located directly across from the entrance of Round Hill Resort. Since 1953, the Round Hill Resort has been an exclusive destination for the British Royal family, American presidents and prominent business leaders, artists, writers, musicians and actor. As Coconut Cottage Guests, you will enjoy complimentary beach membership and access to the amenities at the Round Hill Resort.
In the summer of 2020, the new owners fully renovated Coconut Cottage with a fresh look and modern amenities and they included such things as a new gym building (with Peloton Exercise Bike) and elegant bathrooms, while still preserving the legacy of this charming and historic villa. From the moment you arrive, you will be warmly greeted and well cared for by the exceptional staff. Your own personal butler, chef, housekeeper, laundress, gardener and security staff will cater to your every need. Our week-long and 5-day stays also include a full-time driver and a 12-passenger van that is available to shuttle you to the nearby Round Hill beach and resort (5 minutes away) as well take you to the local shops, restaurants and attractions. With such generous hospitality and all of the details taken care of, you will find it easy to kick off your shoes and completely relax in this private and secluded tropical haven.
The villa comprises of five bedrooms in total and offers the perfect stay for couples, families or groups. The terrace invites guests to enjoy the beauty of the tropical outdoors while relaxing in a hammock, playing table tennis, dining alfresco, or enjoying a cold drink poolside. Situated to take advantage of the warm ocean breezes, the villa and heated pool look out to an amazing panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea and Montego Bay - and - it has exceptional evening views of the stars and the beautiful lights of Montego Bay. You will have full and exclusive use of the villa, and we are sure you will fall in love with Coconut Cottage and Round Hill Resort.
COCONUT COTTAGE INCLUDES:
- 5 air conditioned bedrooms equipped with flat screen cable TV and ceiling fans.
- 5 en suite bathrooms all equipped with organic bathroom products, towels, bathrobes and hair dryers.
- Panoramic Sea View of Montego Bay
- Heated Private Pool
- Complimentary vehicle and driver for the duration of your stay (Guests are responsible for gas and tips) including Airport Transfers to and from Montego Bay Airport (for week-long and 5-day stays)
- Full Staff - Professional Chef, Butler, Housekeeper, Laundress, Gardener, and Security staff to take care of your requests allowing you to completely relax and enjoy a perfect vacation.
- Complimentary beach membership to the exclusive Round Hill Resort with its beautiful beach, pools, bars and restaurants plus numerous activities including tennis, gym, spa, watersports (e.g. snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding) and kids club (additional fees may be required on some watersports and resort/spa activities. Round Hill Resort is just across the street from Coconut Cottage and according to Conde Nast travel magazine, the Round Hill Resort is considered to be one of the most exclusive destinations in the Caribbean; it is know as a playground of celebrities and World leaders.
- In the summer of 2020 the new owners of Coconut Cottage built a gym with various exercise equipment, including a Peloton Exercise Bike (with cycling pedals to fit any shoe size), a treadmill, and weights.
- Indoor and outdoor dining options.
- Large Verandah with outstanding panoramic sea view.
- Championship golf courses close by.
- WiFi throughout the villa and outdoor areas.
- Portable Bluetooth speakers that can be used with your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- On site spa services available plus Spa Services at Round Hill Resort (Additional Fees apply for Spa Services).
- Tree Swing, Cornhole, Ping-Pong Table, Video Game Console, Basketball Hoop, Pool Floats & Toys, Hammocks, and Board games make the villa a favorite destination for kids.
- For families with children we can help connect you with a reputable nanny service.
- Jamaican organic bathroom products & hair dryers
- Only 20 minutes from downtown Montego Bay & Sangster International Airport
BEDROOM CONFIGURATION: All bedrooms are equipped with AC, Ceiling Fan, and Flat Screen TV.
The perfect mix of Colonial charm and modern tropical living. All three bedrooms in the main house have been recently renovated and newly decorated and updated (in the summer of 2020) to blend the old and the new. All of the rooms in the main house have antique 4-poster beds, custom furnishings and fabrics, modern amenities and fully renovated luxury bathrooms. Each suite opens on to a veranda with beautiful views of the pool and Caribbean sea.
The spacious and airy master bedroom features a kingsize mahogany 4-poster bed and opens directly onto the veranda by large louvered bifold doors, offering spectacular views.
Outdoor Seating, Flat Screen 43” Cable TV, Comfy chaise lounge, En-suite bathroom with Jamaican organic bathroom products, bathrobes & hairdryers,
USB charging station, Ceiling fan, State-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, In Room Safe, Chic decor
Decorated in tropical pinks, this bedroom has a queen size 4-poster bed and fold out window shutters that open onto a courtyard garden. Double louvered doors open to veranda.
En-suite bathroom with Jamaican organic bathroom products, bathrobes & hairdryers, USB Charging Station, Flat Screen Cable TV, Ceiling fan, State-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, In Room Safe, Chic decor
Adjacent to MAGENTA and sharing the same covered verandah, this bedroom features a queen size 4-poster bed and fold out window shutters that open onto a courtyard garden. Double louvered doors open to veranda.
En-suite bathroom with Jamaican organic bathroom products, bathrobes & hairdryers, USB Charging station, Flat Screen Cable TV, Ceiling fan, State-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, In Room Safe, Chic decor
Only 25 feet away from the main house is the "cottage". Close enough to feel apart of the open-air plan of the main house, but completely separate, the cottage has a chic, modern vibe. Newly decorated with custom designed furniture and fabrics, the two cottage bedrooms can be made to be interconnecting - perfect for creating a family suite. Both rooms feature a shared large porch with hammock, wooden louvered windows and large double doors. Stylish relaxation at its best.
Stylishly decorated, this bedroom embodies both luxury and simplicity. Two custom made queen 4-poster beds. Garden and pool view.
Custom designed furniture, En-suite bathroom with Jamaican organic bathroom products, bathrobes & hairdryers, USB charging station, 43” Cable TV, Ceiling fan, State-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, In Room Safe, Chic Interiors
Large and airy, this room features two twin beds which can be configured to a king. Peaceful garden view.
Custom designed furniture, En-suite bathroom with Jamaican organic bathroom products, bathrobes & hairdryers, USB charging station, 43” Flat Screen, Cable TV, Ceiling fan, State-of-the-art split system quiet air conditioning, In Room Safe, Chic Interiors
High Season Date Ranges (highest price):
Thanksgiving week, Christmas & New Year’s weeks - 7-night minimum stay-Saturday check-in
Shoulder Season Date Ranges (mid-price):
Early January through mid-April - 7-night minimum stay-Saturday check-in
Low Season Date Ranges (lowest price):
Mid-April through mid-November (just before Thanksgiving) - 5-night minimum stay
After Thanksgiving week and until Christmas - 5-night minimum stay
Saturday is our preferred Arrival day, however, please do contact us if you require an alternative day and we will do our best to accommodate you
We are happy to accommodate early arrival and/or late check out if available
Primary Renter Requirement - 25 years old. We do not encourage Fraternity/Sorority or College groups as the villa is primarily a place for families and mature adults.
A 50% deposit is required on confirmation of booking - balance due 42 days prior to arrival.
Cancellation Policy - 60 Days before Check in - 100% refund (less administration fees); 42 Days before Check in - 50% refund (less administration fees); Less than 42 Days - no refund
Last minute bookings and long term bookings are subject to availability - please contact us for availability & rates.
Included: Full staff, all taxes, full time driver and vehicle (for stays over 5 days), Round Hill Resort Membership (RoundHill.com)
Extras: Food & drink, gratuity for the staff, tip for driver, Certain amenities at Round Hill such as Spa treatments and certain water-sports
Recommended staff gratuity at the end of your stay is 10% of the villa rental in High Season, 15% in the Low Season. Allan will provide a breakdown of the tip allocations between staff which is subject to your approval. A US$20 per day gratuity is also appropriate for your driver after you are transported to the airport for your flight home. Plan to pay for your gratuities in cash. Both USDollars and JADollars are welcomed.
PROPERTY SLIDESHOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXvAuiTX5hY
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, and 3500 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, King, and 2x Queen
12 guests maximum
Montego Bay Sangster Intl. Airport
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
Activities of Interest
- Chukka Horseback Ride 'N' Swim (20 minute drive) - Experience a horseback ride in the ocean!
- Jamaica Zipline Adventure Tours (20 minute drive) - Swiftly fly over the jungle canopy with a zipline tour!
- Chukka Cove Jeep Safari (20 minute drive) - See the island by way of jeep for an exciting tour!
Places of Interest
- Round Hill Club (2 minutes) - Enjoy the fitness center, water sports, spa or many other amenities at this iconic resort.
- The Hip Strip (20 minute drive) - For nightlife lovers, the Hip Strip is the place to be, full of Montego Bay's most fun bars!
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary (20 minute drive) - Here, you can view and even feed rare and exotic birds.
- Smoked Marlin (8 minute drive) - This lovely beachfront eatery offers delicious Jamaican fare.
- Lobster Trapp (10 minute drive) - Try ridiculously fresh lobster, straight from trap to table!
- Rose Hall (45 minute drive) - Take a tour of one of Jamaica's most famous and mysterious estates.