Cortona - Arezzo, Italy
Villa San Marco
San Marco's drive winds through its olive grove, passes its wrought iron gates and up its avenue of pencil pines before arriving at this classic Italian villa, where our wonderful 'housekeeper' will greet you.
Completely refurbished and with a wonderful poolhouse, the tranquil Villa San Marco is set in its park-like grounds of 4-acres, surrounded by fields, yet it has stunning views down the valley to Lake Trasimeno and also up the hill to the Etruscan city of Cortona, which alone would take many weeks to explore.
The villa is spacious, bright, beautifully decorated, elegantly furnished with many antiques and it has a warm family atmosphere.
The refurbishment created 5 new full-bathrooms (2 ensuite and 1 in the pool house), 2 fabulous 'cooks' kitchens (one indoors and one by the pool), a breakfast room with doors opening directly into the ivy-clad pergola, total redecoration and huge 'behind the scenes' improvements, including very high specification hot water, heating and electricity systems. Please note this property does not have A/C, though there is detailed guidance on how to keep the villa cool and the windows don't have screens, though there are industrial machines that virtually eliminate the insect problem.
This villa is the perfect spot for a memorable holiday in this unforgettable part of Italy.
Rental starts at 4.30-7.30 p.m. on the day of arrival and ends at 9.30a.m. on the day of departure. Arrival-departure days are Saturdays and the minimum booking period is 7 days. Outside of the main season this is negotiable.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the villa per week in euros.
The damages deposit of 600 euros (1,100 euros if using the cinema room) must be paid in cash on arrival and this will be returned in your local currency, less charges for any damage, breakages, telephone, additional help, etc, following departure.
All paid prepayments are non-refundable
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, and 2500 square feet
King, King, King, 2x Queen, and Other
12 guests maximum
Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Rome airports
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
Activities of Interest
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- Made famous by the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", Cortona is built on a steep hillside and can trace its history back to 700 BC. In Cortona you can visit Etruscan tombs and see amazing artwork by famous painters such as Luca Signorelli and Fra Angelico.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections
- Siena is a wonderful historic centre of the Gothic age and Pisa, not only famous for its leaning tower but also for its authentic and lively old town.